Friday, January 16, 2009

Like Watching Paint Dry




Sometimes my life feels like I am watching paint dry, or maybe I feel more like dry old paint on a rusty nail. But I think that I'm a nice colour at least, or I have interesting texture. The oxidation process that turns nails to rust is the same that turns my hair platinum shades of blonde. I love the colours of old doors and wooden structures that have seen more years of weathering than my short twenty-six year old life. Door knobs and fence posts abandoned homes haunted by ghosts, churches in fields and old wagon wheels. Stagecoaches and tractors...

From the series, "Like Watching Paint Dry" Babylon, NY and Lafayette, CO, 2006.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, very nice thought....many times during any given day ... life is like a movie.. in slow motion... I live out in the sticks..pretty much...I need the space... to breathe!

sara furey said...

Thanks Gabriel.. I appreciate the feedback.. Its nice to take the time to breathe.